Wine is the nectar of the gods. It is one of the oldest and the most precious alcohol drinks known to mankind. I think nothing can be better than enjoying a glass of wine after a tough day. This wonderful beverage will widen your blood vessels and help relax your body. Many people have a habit to consume wine every day. It fills their body with positive life energy and provides life contentment. My friends always say that a glass of wine every day can keep doctor away. I couldn’t believe, but now I realize that wine consumption has a great number of benefits for both physical and emotional well-being. Drinking wine in moderation can boost your immunity and help you lose weight. Moreover, it preserves your memory and makes you more cheerful. This article will change your attitude toward wine. You’ll get to know how wine can make your life better. Just remember, moderation is the key here.
1. It can improve your digestion Most people believe that drinking wine is the best relaxing way to develop and maintain a healthy gut balance, because it has a big number of good gut bacteria. It may help your body digest food and prevent you from various diseases, since there’s a direct link between digestive and immune system. Moreover, many researchers concluded that red wine consumption is extremely effective in decreasing pathogenic bacteria in the gut. Wine is rich in B-vitamins, beneficial enzymes and omega three fatty acids. If you are still hesitating what beverage to choose during your meal, then try to drink a glass of red wine.
2. Wine is a source of youth Many wise people believe that the fountain of youth is filled with red wine, because there’s an anti-aging compound that plays a great role in preventing cell-aging. People who drink wine have more chances to live a longer life than those who prefer to drink beer or other kinds of alcohol. Wine includes resveratrol that stimulates different positive processes and chemical reactions in your body. Numerous useful substances found in wines can rejuvenate your body by activating chemicals that protect against age-related diseases. There’s no need to look for new and sophisticated methods to look younger if you can consume wine with pleasure, but in moderation.
3. It’s high in antioxidants According to the research, wine contains powerful antioxidants and essential vitamins. Red wines are more useful since they have the largest amount of antioxidants. If you don’t drink alcohol, you may receive a dose of these healthy substances by drinking a grape juice, which has similar antioxidant content. A glass of wine a day will help you relax your blood vessels and strengthen your cardiovascular health.
4. It heals your heart and improves overall health Red wine is good for your heart since its healing qualities relax and stimulate your cardiovascular system. Moderation is a very important point if you decide to drink red wine daily. Be careful, because big amounts of alcohol can be harmful to your health. Moderate drinkers have a wonderful memory and productivity of their mental function. Furthermore, moderate consumption of wine prevents blood-sugar trouble and cuts the risk of colon cancer. Plus, it makes you emotionally balanced and happy.
5. It helps you enjoy the moments of appreciation I think that wine is for savoring, not gulping. It can help you make a pause in your busy life and gather the circle of your best friends. It will break fears and help you socialize with people around you. Those who cannot drink wine should know an interesting thing. Scientists have claimed that thinking about a glass of wine can help you relax. It means that your thoughts can change your behaviors according to what you expect. The power of positive thinking can make miracles.
6. Wine is a wonderful alcoholic drink Every time I drink wine, I feel the connection to the land and history of wine. I respect history and people who had dedicated their lives to the production of this wonder of nature. I have always dreamt to visit a wine country and learn something about the ancient process of wine production. Nothing can be better than time spent with your friends somewhere in the middle of the wine country. It’s a great pleasure to enjoy the wine on the land where it’s grown and feel the warmth of the sun that throws light on the grapes.
7. It’s a great fun When I drink wine I always feel fine. Wine has always been a symbol of joy and creativity. It releases endorphins which are the hormones of happiness. But you should be careful while drinking and having fun, if you don’t want to suffer from a hangover next day. My favorite author Ernest Hemingway once noticed a wonderful thing about wine, “Wine is one of the most civilized things in the world and the most natural things of the world that has been brought to the greatest perfection, and it offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than, possibly any other purely sensory thing.”
Wine is a majestic thing that can fill your life with joy, positivity, new acquaintances and creativity. Furthermore, it can improve both your physical and mental health. You should consume wine in moderation, if you don’t want to suffer from alcohol addiction, anxiety and depression. Do you consume wine on a regular basis? What other interesting benefits of wine do you know? By
Unfortunately all people are worrying about something in their lives. Some people show it, while others conceal their emotions. It’s hard to believe but our worries are about the same things. I often worry about my future, relationships, finances, health and many other things, and I know that it can ruin my life. Don’t let anxiety take over your life if you don’t want to suffer from chronic worries. You should find ways to reassure yourself that these worries are pointless and they won’t improve your life. Help you sub-consciousness realize the truth and you’ll be able to deal with yourself and enjoy leading a normal life.
It’s difficult to understand why some people treat life difficulties easier than others who are captured by constant fears and pointless worries. A lot depends on the nature of your mind and the type of your character. Luckily, there are a few techniques that can help you get rid of annoying worries, which are spoiling your life. I hope this article will prove you that there’s no need to worry about life.
1. Worries about social inequality One of the most important things you should do is to admit and understand that life isn’t equal and honest. Someone has millions on their accounts while others live in need. If social inequality creates inner conflicts in your mind, then you should change your mindset and stop treating others as competition. But nevertheless, you have all chances and opportunities to develop in various directions. You should always believe in your skills and focus on desirable results. This mindset will make you more successful. Furthermore, try to reduce communication with suspicious and jealous people who fill your life with negativity in every possible way.
2. You want to make more money and advance your career This is one of the widely spread goals everyone wants to reach. Don’t ask too much questions to yourself. They can only damage your confidence and make you hesitate in your abilities to succeed. You should believe that you are smart and strong enough to reach any goal and you deserve the best. It’s important to understand that you should reach goals step by step. Take all necessary measures to advance your career and increase your incomes. Imagine your success and write down steps you may take to become more successful.
Read also – 10 Habits That Can Steal Your Happiness
3. Thinking over financial problems at night Almost all people have a tendency to mull over financial problems before they fall asleep. These thoughts can be harmful, because they can provoke insomnia and other kinds of sleep disorder. To my mind, it’s better to talk to a trusted person about your problem than leave yourself alone with the issue. I’m sure they’ll give you a helping hand or give you a valuable advice on how to improve your personal financial situation. It’s significantly easier to find the solution to the problem together.
4. Thinking about negative people It often happens that negative people don’t leave your mind alone. Your family members or friends may also bring you down. It may seem difficult to avoid communication with the people you love, but if they hurt you regularly, you should take measures to protect yourself from negativity. Try to help them, but don’t let their worries ruin your life. Many psychologists advise to surround your life with people who don’t give grounds to worry about everything. Positive environment will free your mind of anxiety.
5. Worrying about your weight There are no magic pills which can make your body perfect. I prefer physical exercises to medicines, because different pills can make your hormonal balance worse and damage your health. Today you can lose weight with a help of a healthy diet and physical exercises, but you should do it on a regular basis. Everything depends on your genetics. Someone eats a lot and stays slim when others eat less and put on weight very quickly. Lead a healthy lifestyle and you’ll be proud of your magnificent body.
6. Worrying about things you cannot afford This world is full of temptation around. Hundreds of shopping centers offer marvelous goods. Unfortunately, you’re sometimes unable to buy what you really want. You often feel anxious and despondent about this fact. I think everyone knows that easy accessible things bring you less pleasure than things you are dreaming about. You should develop the power of will and work an extra few hours every day if you want to earn more money and buy things you like. Those who can wait have a chance to receive the best.
7. You want to keep everything in balance This worry is the biggest weakness of many people. You are just a human being and you have no power to keep everything in balance, because everything in this world isn’t permanent. If you’re cooperating with people, you should be ready to face their irresponsibility, stupidity, laziness and indifference. There’re millions of challenging situations and problems that can ruin your plans and make you unable to keep everything in balance. Just treat all difficulties as interesting life adventures and new possibilities.
8. Worries about future events Nowadays many people have a frustrating habit to worry about future events that may not happen. I understand that sometimes there are real reasons to worry about future, but people often fret for no rational reason. It’s better to imagine successful results of your actions than picturing a negative outcome. You should realize and accept the fact that your worries cannot change the future event. It can only damage your physical and emotional well-being. If you cannot stop worrying, then you should learn to find positive moments in your worrisome thoughts. This technique will help you replace annoying and destructive thoughts.
9. You think you aren’t good enough Many women worry about their appearance and other aspects of their personality. The only effective way to stop worrying about your imperfection is to develop a sense of gratitude. You should be thankful for everything you have and should learn to love yourself. Those people who are hard on themselves always suffer from anxiety. Don’t waste big sums of money to improve your appearance. Good mood and frank smile will be enough to make your personality and appearance better. I’m sure that gratitude can replace your worries with pleasant emotions and feelings.
Hopefully, this article will change your attitude towards anxiety. Try to find comfort and peace in your mind. I was taught to cast my cares and problems upon heavens. It helps me feel free from worry and annoying obsessive thoughts. What are your biggest worries? Share your tips on how to stop worrying about life with us please. By
If you’re trying to drop weight, it doesn’t mean that you should avoid eating bread. Thankfully, there are a few healthy and delicious types of bread for weight loss. Whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner, bread complements any meal and it makes it harder to avoid eating bread. These types of bread are not only good for people who are trying to lose weight, but also for those who are trying to eat healthier. It’s time to switch to the healthier types of bread in order to shed pounds and get in the best shape of your life.
1. Flaxseed bread
Have you ever tried flaxseed bread? It’s a fantastic bread for weight loss and it’s an excellent source of manganese, potassium and selenium. Flaxseed bread also contains essential fatty acids, dietary fiber, and phytoestrogens that will help boost your health and get your dream body. Flaxseed bread will fuel your body with only healthy things.
2. Rye bread
Rye bread is definitely one of the healthiest types of bread that you can eat daily without worrying about calories. Rye bread is absolutely wheat-free, and it can help relieve discomfort and bloating. Rye bread contains 20% fewer calories and 4 times the fiber than regular white bread. Consuming rye bread will keep you fuller longer without adding calories.
3. Oat bread
If you want to reduce you carbohydrate intake and you watch your fat content, opt for oat bread instead of regular white bread. Oat bread is a wonderful source of good carbohydrates that are much slower to digest and that make you feel fuller for a longer period of time.
4. Ezekiel bread
Another healthy type of bread for weight loss is Ezekiel bread, which consists of barley, wheat, lentils, beans, spelt and millet. Ezekiel bread is high in protein and contains 18 amino acids. It has increased digestibility, increased absorption of minerals and many amazing benefits. Moreover, Ezekiel bread doesn’t contain added sugar.
5. Whole-wheat pita bread
Whole-wheat pita bread is the healthiest type of pita bread since it’s made with whole grains and contains lots of vitamins and minerals. Whole-wheat pita bread boasts a few powerful health benefits – it helps reduce your risk of cholesterol and high blood sugar. Whole-wheat pita bread contains less calories than whole wheat bread since you usually use one piece of pita bread instead of 2 pieces of regular bread to make your healthy sandwich.
6. Whole-wheat bread
Although whole-wheat bread is a healthy type of bread you can eat daily, it can be difficult to find the right whole-wheat bread. Just because some companies label their breads with ‘wheat flour’ and ‘wheat’ doesn’t necessarily mean that you buy the whole wheat bread. Before buying any whole-wheat bread, make sure you read the ingredient list.
7. Brown rice bread
Brown rice bread is also perfect for weight loss. It keeps you full, energetic, and it’s low in calories and sugar. Try eating brown rice bread with butter and fresh vegetables or low fat cheese. If you stick to a very strict diet, consider having steamed or boiled vegetables with a few pieces of brown rice bread.
8. Gluten-free bread
Even though a gluten-free bread is a must for people who stick to a gluten-free diet, it’s also perfect for those who are trying to lose weight or simply want to eat healthier. Gluten-free breads are healthier than the regular white breadі, but many of them are processed so make sure you buy a whole grain gluten-free bread.
Giving up bread can be a painful process for both you and your body, so don’t exclude bread from your diet. Consider eating some of these healthy and delicious types of bread for weight loss to feel better and look better. What are your favorite types of bread?
Looking for quick ways to increase your productivity and add a few hours to your day? I’ve got some of the most effective tips that work wonders for me and I hope will help you. If you have plenty of important tasks to accomplish and you can’t get anything done, it’s time to learn to work more efficiently. In fact, you can get more tasks done and even have some free time during your working hours, you just need to know the following little secrets to boosting your productivity at work.
1. Prioritize your work
When you have many important tasks to accomplish, it can be difficult to know where to start, and you might spend a lot of time thinking about what to do first and end up doing nothing. Try to prioritize your work to boost your productivity. Accomplish the more urgent tasks first, and then start doing the tasks that are less important.
2. Focus on your own work
Don’t take on too many responsibilities, especially if you feel stressed and overwhelmed. Focus on your own work instead and don’t be afraid to say no to your boss and coworkers. If possible, delegate a few tasks or accomplish them the next day. When you are overwhelmed, you might make lots of mistakes and fail to complete an important project.
3. Organize your desk
One of the easiest ways to boost your productivity at work is to organize your desk. If your desk is messy, it will be difficult for you to find important notes. You will spend lots of precious time looking for them and you won’t be able to complete your work on time. Tidy your desk up to save time and work more efficiently.
4. Avoid distractions
Nowadays the Internet and social networks are a huge distraction at work. I know it’s hard to stop looking at them while at work, but you may end up wasting lots of time on social media websites instead of doing your work. You may want to quickly look at your Twitter or Facebook, but before you know it an hour has gone by. Remember, you get your paycheck for a good work, not for looking at social media. Try to avoid chatty coworkers as well.
5. Take short breaks
When you have a lot of tasks to accomplish, you may not even think about breaks. However, you won’t be more productive if you feel tired. Consider taking a few short breaks throughout the day or take a short nap to feel more alert and refreshed. This will help you to accomplish more tasks and avoid doing mistakes. Don’t eat at your desk; it’s better to go elsewhere to have your lunch.
If you usually work better in the morning, make sure you schedule your most difficult tasks for that part of the day. This way, you will work on easier tasks after your lunch break without worrying that you have a difficult task to accomplish before you go home.
7. Stop constantly checking your mail
If you are not waiting for an important email, stop checking your messages every five-ten minutes. You have a lot of work to do, so those dozens of unimportant messages can wait until the end of the day. After all, if someone needs to contact you urgently, they can always call, and there’s no need to constantly checking your mail.
Working more efficiently is better for both you and your boss. Moreover, it can be good for your paycheck. When you are more productive at work, you feel less stressed and you have more free time in the evening. If you have some other tips on how to be more productive at work, don’t forget to share them with me.
Sweet potatoes are a delicious treat that has a plethora of health benefits. Sweet potatoes come in many shapes and colors and they are widely grown and consumed throughout the world. Sweet potatoes are nutritional powerhouses – they’re packed with essential vitamins and minerals. If you don’t like sweet potatoes, read on to find out a few fantastic reasons to eat sweet potatoes. Who knows, maybe you’ll change your mind and want to start eating them more often.
1. Sweet potatoes are high in antioxidants
Sweet potatoes are plentiful in potent antioxidants. The anthocyanin in the purple sweet potatoes is one of the best antioxidants that sweet potatoes contain, and the beta carotene in the orange variety is another powerful antioxidant. Anthocyanin has anti-inflammatory properties and helps ward off many diseases. This is one of the undeniable reasons to eat sweet potatoes more often.
2. Sweet potatoes are high in manganese
One medium sweet potato has 28 percent of your daily requirement of manganese, an important mineral that helps the body metabolize carbs and keeps you feeling energized longer. Manganese helps the body absorb other essential nutrients, and it helps keep your bones strong and healthy. Consuming sweet potatoes can help prevent manganese deficiency.
3. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta carotene
As I mentioned above, sweet potatoes are rich in beta carotene. One medium sweet potato contains more than 200 percent of your daily requirement of beta carotene. Perhaps you know that beta carotene is a crucial nutrient that your body converts into more important vitamin A, which keeps your eyes healthy and helps boost your immune system naturally.
4. Sweet potatoes contain quercetin
Sweet potatoes contain many important nutrients, including quercetin. Quercetin is a major dietary flavonoid which is incredibly healthy and has many wonderful benefits. It helps lower LDL cholesterol and reduce inflammation. Moreover, it acts as a natural antihistamine that can help combat allergies, and can help people who suffer from seasonal or chronic allergies.
5. Sweet potatoes help control blood sugar
Even though sweet potatoes contain carbohydrates, they can help manage blood sugar levels. Since sweet potatoes increase blood levels of adiponectin, they’re able to modify insulin metabolism that helps control blood sugar levels. Sweet potatoes are also rich in fiber, which means they slow the release of glucose into the bloodstream and can help prevent blood sugar spikes.
6. Sweet potatoes are good for your heart
Sweet potatoes are a fantastic source of potassium and vitamin B6 – two essential nutrients that are good for your heart. Potassium helps prevent high blood pressure and vitamin B6 helps break down homocysteine that can cause the hardening of the arteries and lead to cardiovascular disease. When you consume sweet potatoes, you get both potassium and vitamin B6, which are so essential for your heart.
7. Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin C
When it comes to vitamin C, we often think of citrus fruits first. However, sweet potatoes are also high in vitamin C. A medium sweet potato contains about 40 percent of your daily requirement of vitamin C. It helps the body produce collagen that keeps your joints and skin healthy. Plus, it can help you cope with stress better.
8. Sweet potatoes contain Vitamin D
Vitamin D is essential for your immune system and overall health. It plays a vital role in your energy levels, helps improve your mood and build healthy bones. It also great for your heart, skin, and teeth. Eating sweet potato more often, not just on Thanksgiving, can help you avoid a vitamin D deficiency.
Sweet potatoes are an amazing food with a lot of healthy benefits. Incorporating this food into your healthy eating plan is an easy way to get the essential nutrients sweet potatoes provide. What are your favorite ways to consume sweet potatoes? Do you know some other reasons to eat more sweet potatoes?
There are moments when you and your partner realize that you need something new in your relationship. You would like to experience new emotions and feelings, which may fire up your love. When you travel together, you share common goals, enhance closeness and usually have a better romance. Furthermore, you have an opportunity to discuss basic things, have fun and share secrets with your sweetheart. You don’t have to put many efforts to fulfill this dream since traveling is absolutely available today. Everything depends on you and your desire to have a good time with your significant other. If you have already decided to travel, then you should agree your plans with your loved one, if it’s not a secret or surprise.
Many couples say that traveling together helps refresh any relationship. When you’re relaxed you have more chances to experience new pleasures. So if you feel that intimacy is missing from your relationship, you should find time to travel together. Here are a few ways traveling can refresh your relationship.
1. Making memories together
Every moment of time spent with your partner creates a basis for your relationship. Your memories are your common riches and achievements. Since life is too short you should try to create as many pleasant memories as you can. When you become old, you’ll be able to recollect warm and precious memories of your youth, sitting on the sofa together with your beloved. Moreover, your life experience and memories create your future vision of the world, because the points you find in yourself right now are the result of your actions and thoughts. Traveling will teach you to develop the skills on how to live an interesting life and strengthen your relationship.
2. New experiences
Traveling can both teach you and inspire you to get out of your comfort zone. It can help you share unforgettable moments with the person you adore. This interesting and inspiring activity fills your hearts with new experiences and broadens your horizons. Moreover, you may experience the wonder of seeing various worlds’ miracles. Plus, you may get new skills when you try to do something you’ve never done before.
Every person creates their own world around themselves. Their world consists of their home, work, circle of contacts, daily schedules and problems. When you travel, you get away from your troubles and enjoy the beauty of the world around. You are free to behave the way you like and do things you adore. It’s better to do it together with the person you love. No one will judge you and your new style of life. Your significant other can even open up to you.
4. Lots of fun
Traveling is a perfect way to relax and enjoy each other’s company. When traveling, you have the right to postpone everything that can affect your relationship. You’re welcome to create amazing moments and adventures. You’ll always look back to these wonderful moments with a frank smile on your face. This world is full of places, which can help you have lots of fun and receive a big portion of happiness. Fun times can replace your negative outlook by a more positive one and it will help to strengthen your relationship.
5. Learning something new together
When you and your partner travel together, both of you can learn something new about the world. You visit different places and enjoy spectacular sights. This exciting experience can intensify your passion and love. When visiting different countries, you can learn about cultures and the history of many nations. It will make both of you more knowledgeable and all-rounded people. This way of spending time with your beloved will guarantee you new emotions and a long, healthy relationship.
6. Traveling inspires you to face life again
The main purpose of traveling is to refresh your mind and get you ready to face the life with a smile on your face. Its revitalizing effect reduces stress and helps both of you get rid of depressive moods and develop positive thinking. You’ll be full of positive emotions and memories about the place or country you visit. I believe that traveling together can help heal a relationship, if you still feel love running in your veins.
7. It invites romance
Traveling can bring you majestic and unbelievably wondrous evenings full of satisfaction and romance. You’ll have an opportunity to focus on each other and enjoy the moments spent together somewhere far from your home. There are many picturesque and romantic places around the world. Just get out of your daily routine and try something new. I’m sure that traveling won’t let your flame die, no matter how low the flame at the present moment is.
Traveling together is a perfect opportunity to revive your private life and fill it with new romantic adventures. Do you know other benefits of traveling together with your significant other? Do you believe traveling together can heal a relationship?
Buddhist Tales for Young and Old And today…it is Prince Goodspeaker and the Water Demon [Chapter 2. The Teaching of the Gods]
In time, the queen gave birth to another son, who was named Prince Moon. Shortly after both children began walking about, their mother suddenly became very sick, and died.
To help him look after his playful children, the king found a princess to become his new queen. In a few years, this queen gave birth to a beautiful bright little boy. He was named Prince Sun. Since the king was so happy, he wanted to please his queen, and reward her for bringing up all three children. So he promised to grant her one wish. The queen considered, and said, “Thank you my lord, I will make my wish at some time in the future.”
As time went on, the three princes grew into wonderful playful youngsters. The queen saw that Prince Goodspeaker was intelligent and understanding. She thought, “If these two older princes remain in the palace, my son, Prince Sun, will never get a chance to be king. Therefore, I must do something to make him the next king.”
One day, when the king was in a good mood, the queen respectfully approached him and reminded him of the promised wish. He was very happy and said, “Ask whatever you want!” The queen said, “Oh my husband and king, grant that after the course of your life is over, my son, Prince Sun, will be the next king.”
The king was shocked by this request. He became angry and said, “My first two children are like bright stars! How can I give the kingdom to my third son? All the people will blame me. That cannot be done!” The queen kept silent.
As happy as the king had been, he now became just as unhappy. He was afraid and filled with doubt. He suspected that the queen might destroy his first-born children by some wicked means. He decided that he must make sure his children were safe.
Secretly, the king called Prince Goodspeaker and Prince Moon to him. He told them of the queen’s dangerous desire. He sadly said that the only safe thing for them to do was to leave the kingdom. They should return only after their father’s death, and take their rightful places ruling the kingdom. The two obedient princes accepted their father’s order and prepared to leave.
In a few days they were ready. They said their sad good-byes to their father and friends, and left the palace. On their way through the royal gardens, they came upon Prince Sun. He had always been very affectionate and friendly towards his two older half-brothers. He was upset to hear that they were leaving for a very long time. So he decided that he too would leave the kingdom. The three friendly princes departed together.
For several months they travelled, until they reached the forest country of the mighty Himalayas. They were very tired and sat down under a tree. The oldest brother, Prince Goodspeaker, said to the youngest, Prince Sun, “Please go down to the nearby lake and fill some lotus leaves with water. Bring them back here so we all can drink.”
They did not know that the beautiful dark blue lake was possessed by a water demon! He was permitted by his demon ruler to eat any beings that he could convince to go into the water. There was also one condition. He could not eat anyone who knew the answer to the question, ‘What is the teaching of the gods?”
When Prince Sun arrived at the shore of the lake, being dry and dirty and tired, he went directly into the water without any investigation. Suddenly the water demon rose up from under the water and captured him. He asked him, “What is the teaching of the gods?” Prince Sun said, “I know the answer to that! The sun and the moon are the teachings of the gods.” “You don’t know the teaching of the gods, so you belong to me!” said the water demon. Then he pulled Prince Sun under the water and locked him up in a deep cave.
Since Prince Sun was delayed, Prince Goodspeaker asked the second brother, Prince Moon, to go down to the lake and bring back water in lotus leaves. When he got there, he too went directly into the water without examining. Again the water demon appeared, grabbed him, and asked, “What is the teaching of the gods?” Prince Moon said, “I know the answer to that! The four directions - North, East, South and West - these are the teachings of the gods.” “You don’t know the teaching of the gods, so you belong to me!”, replied the water demon. Then he locked up Prince Moon in the same underwater cave with Prince Sun.
When both his brothers did not return, Prince Goodspeaker began to worry that they might be in some danger. So he himself went down to the beautiful dark blue lake. As he was a wise and careful person, he did not go directly into the water. Instead, he investigated and saw that there were two sets of footprints leading into the lake - but not coming out again! To protect himself, he got his sword and bow and arrows ready. He began to walk around the lake.
Seeing that this prince did not go straight into the lake, the water demon appeared to him disguised as a humble villager. He said to him, “My dear friend, you look tired and dirty from much walking. Why don’t you get into the water and bathe, drink, and eat some lotus roots?”
Remembering the one-way footprints, Prince Goodspeaker said, “You must be some kind of demon disguised as a human! What have you done with my brothers?” Surprised at being recognized so quickly, the water demon returned to his true ferocious appearance. He replied to the wise prince, “By my rights, I have captured your brothers!”
The prince asked, “For what reason?” “So that soon I can gobble them up!”, the demon answered, “I have permission from my demon ruler to eat all those who go into this lake who do not know the teaching of the gods. If anyone does know the teaching of the gods, I am not allowed to eat him.”
The Prince asked, “Why do you need to know this? What is the advantage to a demon like you, to know the teaching of the gods?” The water demon replied, “I know there must be some advantage to me.” “Then I will tell you what the gods teach,” said Prince Goodspeaker, “but I have a problem. Look at me. I am covered with dust and dirt from travelling. I cannot speak about wise teachings in this condition.”
By now, the water demon realized that this prince was especially wise. So he washed and refreshed him. He gave him water to drink from lotus leaves, and tender lotus roots to eat. He prepared a comfortable seat for him, decorated with pretty wildflowers. After laying aside his sword and bow and arrows, the Enlightenment Being sat on the adorned seat. The ferocious demon sat by his feet, just like a student listening to a respected teacher.
Prince Goodspeaker said, “This is the teaching of the gods:
You should be ashamed to do unwholesome deeds. You should be afraid to do unwholesome deeds. You should always do wholesome deeds - that bring happiness to others, and help mankind. Then you will shine with the inner light of calm and peacefulness.”
The water demon was pleased with this answer, and said, “Worthy prince, you have completely satisfied my question. You have made me so happy that I will give you back one of your brothers. Which one do you choose?”
Prince Goodspeaker said, “Release my younger brother, Prince Sun.” To this the demon replied, “My lord prince, wise one, you know the teaching of the gods but you do not practice it!” The prince asked, “Why do you say that?” The demon said, “Because you leave the older one to die, and save the younger. You do not respect elders!”
The prince then said, “Oh demon, I know the teaching of the gods, and I do practise it. We three princes came to this forest because of the youngest brother. His mother requested our father’s kingdom for him. So it was for our protection that our father sent us here. The young Prince Sun joined us out of friendship. But if we return to the court without him, and say he was eaten by a water demon who wanted to know the teaching of the gods, who would believe us? They would think we killed him because he was the cause of our danger. This would bring shame to us and unhappiness to the kingdom. Fearing such unwholesome results, I tell you again to release the young Prince Sun.”
The water demon was so pleased with this answer that he said, “Well done, well done, my lord. You know the true teaching of the gods, and you do practice that true teaching. I will gladly give back both your brothers!” So saying, he went down into the lake and brought both princes back to shore. They were wet, but unharmed.
Later on, the Bodhisatta gave further helpful advice to the demon. He said, “Oh water demon, my new friend, you must have done many unwholesome deeds in your previous lives, so that you were born as a flesh eating demon. And if you continue in this way, you will be trapped in a terrible state even in later lives. For unwholesome deeds lead to shame, fear and unpleasant rebirth. But wholesome deeds lead to self-respect, peace and pleasant rebirth. Therefore, it would be much better for you to do pure deeds, rather than impure deeds, from now on.” This turned the demon from his past ways, and the princes lived together happily under his protection.
One day, word came that the king had died. So the three princes, as well as their friend the water demon, returned to the capital city. Prince Goodspeaker was crowned as king. Prince Moon became the chief minister, and Prince Sun became commander of the army. The water demon was awarded a safe place to live, where he was well fed, cared for and entertained for the rest of his life. In this way they all acquired wholesome meritorious thoughts, leading to rebirth in a heaven world.
The moral is: Unwholesome actions bring shame and fear. Wholesome actions bring self-respect and peace
Many women think that makeup is the only way to look gorgeous each day. While makeup is great and fun, you don’t have to wear it daily in order to look more beautiful. Each day we spend so much time and energy in front of the mirror applying makeup, without realizing how beautiful we are without all the eyeshadows, mascaras and foundations we applied. Going makeup free will save you a lot of time and money, and will improve your skin tone and make it look more radiant. Here are seven essential tips for looking great without makeup every single day.
1. Wash your face every morning and every night
If you want to look great without makeup, you should always wash your face every morning and every night. Maybe it sounds obvious, but believe it or not, many women don’t wash their faces in the morning and that’s a huge mistake. Washing your face morning and night will help ward off acne and will make your skin look more radiant.
2. Use a gentle cleanser
A harsh cleanser strips the skin cells and can make your skin look ruddy and dry, so it’s important to wash your face with a more gentle cleanser. Try to find a cleanser which is hypo-allergenic, non-comedogenic, and make sure it works with your skin type. It’s one of the surefire ways to look great without makeup.
3. Use the right facial moisturizer
You need to use a facial moisturizer right after washing to keep your skin looking healthy and young. Unfortunately, lots of moisturizers can cause your skin to become more oily and shiny, and can even break it out. It can be hard to choose the right moisturizer, but a good facial moisturizer is the key to a beautiful, radiant skin. Look for a facial moisturizer with SPF of 30 to protect your skin from harsh sun’s rays.
4. Use Vaseline instead of mascara
I know it sounds weird, but using Vaseline instead of mascara is a tried and tested way to look more beautiful without any makeup. Simply apply a little bit of Vaseline to your lashes to make them glow without applying mascara. If you wear mascara, try to use Vaseline to take it off. Vaseline is much gentler than many eye makeup removers.
5. Use coconut oil instead of store-bought lip balm
While you can use coconut oil to remove your makeup, you can also use it as lip balm. Most store-bought lip balms contain chemicals that can dry your lips out and can even cause them to appear dull and lifeless. Just a little bit of coconut oil will help keep your lips more hydrated and heal any dry cracked areas. Why not give your lips a fresh, healthy glow with coconut oil?
6. Don’t pluck your eyebrows too much
Sure, you need to keep your eyebrows under control, but make sure you don’t pluck them too much. You need to tweeze only obvious stray hairs above and below the eyebrow without going into the actual eyebrow shape itself. Even if you have thick eyebrows, you don’t have to pluck them into oblivion, instead embrace them and don’t try to change them completely.
7. Eat healthy
When you have a healthy skin, you don’t need any makeup. The foods you eat daily play a vital role in the health of your skin so make sure you stick to a healthy diet. First of all, try to incorporate more fruits and veggies into your daily diet. There are also a few healthy foods that can give you a great skin if you consume them regularly. Eating healthy is one of the most essential tips to follow when you are trying to look more beautiful without makeup.
Looking beautiful without makeup is not as difficult as you think. Small changes to your skincare routine can bring fantastic results! What are your secrets to looking great without makeup?